The structure and delivery of LearnDash courses is based on instructional design principles used in learning programs at Fortune 500 companies.
- The top-level is “Courses”.
- Below that you have “Lessons”. Lessons are assigned to Courses.
- Lessons can optionally be grouped into “Sections”.
- Below Lessons you have “Topics”. Topics are assigned to Lessons just like Lessons are assigned to Courses.
- Finally, there are “Quizzes”. Quizzes can be assigned to a Course, Lesson or Topic.
The terminology can be changed using custom labels, but the general structure remains the same. For example, “Lessons” can be renamed “Modules,” “Quizzes” can be renamed to “Tests,” and so on.